Tuesday, September 27, 2016

batter my heart



listen on 8tracks

for you as yet but knock, breathe, shine, and seek to mend


Don’t Go, Phantom–Jookabox
You had me do the things I knew that in my heart were wrong.

Outro–M83
I’m the king of my own land.
Facing tempests of dust, I’ll fight until the end.
Creatures of my dreams raise up and dance with me!
Now and forever, I’m your king!

Personal Jesus–Johnny Cash
Put me to the test.
Things on your chest
you need to confess.
I will deliver,
you know I’m a forgiver.

Buried In Water–Dead Man’s Bones
Lock all the windows and doors,
the Devil’s coming for you and yours.
Hope was all that he could give,
so he died, so that all the town could live.

Identity–Austra
Strangers don’t know me, but love to control me.

Glass Figurine–Andrew Bird
You’ve got me sitting on your mantle like a little glass figurine.
Why must you be so mean?
Don’t you know I’ve got better things to do?

Gambang–Grimes
My soul is lost?
I don't know what to say.

East Side Bangs/East Side Fade–Jookabox
East side bangs that crown the strong and hungry.
Devil voices tempt us from the ground
but we will be alright if we preserve positive light.

Counting the Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums–A Perfect Circle
I’ll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason.
I’ll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices, son.

Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool–Editors
I don’t wanna be ignored, oh god,
when I’m a gun in a fistfight.

Lose It–Austra
I get impatient, with every word.
The more you ask me, the more I’ve heard.
This is a thirst that I’ve never had.
I’ve never bled for another man.

Skin–Grimes
Soft skin, you touch me within and so I know I could be human once again.

Treat Me Like Your Mother–The Dead Weather
Who’s got it figured out?
Play straight.
Try to manipulate.

Wings Off Flies–Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Listen, I plead guilty to misanthropy,
so hang me! I’d appreciate it!
Witness her gate-crash my tiny hell
with some obscene tête-à-tête

Arms Tonite–Mother Mother
And hey, you,
don’t you think it’s kinda cute
that I tried
to escape the afterlife?
That I tried
to get back in your arms alive?

Splendour–M83
It’s not goodbye, my only friend.
Yesterday started over again.

How To Embrace A Swamp Creature–The Mountain Goats
I start to sweat, I can’t cool down.
I’m scared of all the strangers in this town.
I try to tell you just why I’ve come.
It’s like I’ve got molasses on my tongue.
I made it through town somehow,
but who’s gonna save me now?

It's Only A Paper Moon--Ella Fitzgerald
Say, it’s only a paper moon
sailing over a cardboard sea,
but it wouldn’t be make believe
if you believed in me.





No comments:

Post a Comment