Sunday, October 2, 2016

I can feel this body dying all around me


listen on 8tracks

I have been mortal, and some part of me is mortal yet


Limbo Limbo Limbo--Jhene Aiko ("There has never been a time without unicorns")
She was just as basic as the
universal language of love

you must wake--Broadcast And The Focus Group ("They passed down all the roads long ago")
(instrumental)

Destiny--from Steven Universe ("It's a very rare person who is taken for what he truly is")
Do you believe in fantasy?
I have to when it's right in front of me

Scarborough Fair/Canticle--Simon & Garfunkel ("Schmendrick is with you")
On the side of a hill in the sprinkling of leaves.
Washes the grave with silvery tears.
A soldier cleans and polishes a gun.

Sirens Call--Cats on Trees ("We are sisters, you and I")
In my sleep, nothing same,
nothing according to plan.

The Shrine/An Argument--Fleet Foxes ("How dare you come to me now?")
I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine.
But that day you know I left my money
and I thought of you only

Who Are You, Really?--Mikky Ekko ("Why can I not see myself in your eyes?")
You are a stranger here, why have you come?

Impurity--Kaizen, Yoe Mase ("There is nothing I can look at for very long, except the sea")
We grow old, we grow old, discoloured with age.

1 John 4:16--The Mountain Goats ("Even your way of standing perfectly still--they were all my spies")
I feel like someone's lost child as the guards lead me outside
and if the clouds are gathering, it's just to point the way

The Sighting--A Fine Frenzy ("I love whom I love")
I can see your ties run deep
and it’s not for me to cut you free

If I Had A Heart--Fever Ray ("She will remember your heart when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits")
If I had a heart I could love you

Enchanting Ghost--Sufjan Stevens ("No unicorn was ever born who could regret, but now I do")
Tell me what you saw in me
and I'll try to replicate it with a scene

No comments:

Post a Comment