Friday, November 4, 2016

she lives to kill me



listen on playmoss or listen on 8tracks

It's time for both of us to live.

To Love & Die–Jhene Aiko (San)
Many, many, many, many men
wished death upon me.
Have mercy on me.

The Loneliness and the Scream–Frightened Rabbit (Ashitaka)
But now our communal heart,
it beats miles from here.

Believe Me–Austra (San)
Mother,
everything you did before you hit the ground . . .

Civilization–Justice (Eboshi)
Tantalized and seduced by the demons released . . .

Sun Giant–Fleet Foxes (San and Ashitaka)
What a life I lead when the sun breaks free
as a giant torn from the clouds.
What a life indeed when that ancient seed
is a-buried, watered and plowed.

Up the Wolves–The Mountain Goats (San and Eboshi)
I’m going to get myself in fighting trim;
scope out every angle of unfair advantage.
I’m going to bribe the officials, I’m going to kill all the judges,
it’s going to take you people years to recover from all of the damage.

Twined & Twisted–Valerie June (San and Ashitaka)
Thinking not of who I am,
thinking only of where I’m going.
Young with all the answers
found out on my own.

Bremen–PigPen Theatre Co. (San and Ashitaka)
Take my paw in your hand
and we’ll sing for our supper
in that freest of the freest
–people need to see us–
the freest of the freest land.

Fresh Blood–Eels (San and Ashitaka)
Whatever trepidation you may feel
in your heart, you know it’s not real.
In a moment of clarity
summon an act of charity.

Bitter Rivals–Sleigh Bells (San and Eboshi)
Hearts so dark make dirt look clean.

Spent Gladiator 2–The Mountain Goats (San and Eboshi)
Like a village on the step,
about to get collectivized.
When the men emerge with rifles from the haystack,
everybody looks surprised.

Tiger Mountain Peasant Song–Fleet Foxes (Ashitaka)
I don’t know what I have done;
I’m turning myself into a demon.

Tremendous Dynamite–Eels (San and Ashitaka)
I am el hombre lobo
on the prowl for a restless night.
I got her right here in my sights.

Winter–TV on the Radio (San and Ashitaka)
Yeah, it’s the hardest part of nature.
Lord, have mercy on this creature.

Wanna Be On Your Mind–Valerie June (San and Ashitaka)
Side by side
through different doors . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment